Beginners Guide to Real Money Roulette
This page is pretty much a beginners guide to roulette but we do have some pretty in-depth roulette strategy articles available for more advanced players.
Roulette is one of the Worlds most popular casino games, it’s also one of the most simply to play. Playing roulette online for real money is a fun, easy, and convenient way to play one of the most popular casino games in the world. But before you get started, it’s important to learn as much about real money roulette on the Internet.
Live Casino Roulette vs Online Roulette
If you’re new to online roulette you probably wonder how the roulette games for online differ from live casino roulette. Here are the biggest things you should know about the difference and similarites between internet roulette and casino roulette.
1. Online roulette games play much faster than live ones since you have your own table online and don’t have to wait for the dealer to pay out other players and collect losing bets. For this reason it’s important to be even more mindful of how much money you’re betting online at roulette.
2. In general, online roulette tables have lower betting limits than live roulette tables. That’s a good thing if you like the idea of betting as little as $1 per spin, but high rollers may have a difficult time finding high stakes roulette games online.
3. It’s more relaxing (and less intimidating) to play roulette online at your own pace, but it’s more exciting at the casino. For new players, all the action at live casino roulette tables can create a lot of anxiety. Dealers are usually friendly and willing to help, but there’s still that nervous feeling. In some ways, that helps create the exciting atmosphere and adrenaline rush players experience gambling.
Because online roulette looks like a video game it’s not as much of a rush as live roulette. Don’t misunderstand though, it’s still an amazing feeling with you put a big bet on your favorite number and it hits. You’re going to enjoy winning at roulette no matter where you play!
Best Online Real Money Roulette Casinos
New customers only, min deposit £20, wagering 35x, max bet £5 with bonus funds. Max bonus is 100% up to £100. No max cash out on deposit offers. Players Depositing with Skrill or Neteller are not eligable. Cashback is cash with no restriction. Full T&C’s apply, 18+ T&C's ApplyClaim Bonus
18+. New UK customers only. Opt-in required. 30 free spins on Book of Dead game upon registration with NO wagering requirements or deposit required for spins AND 100% deposit bonus up to £300: Min deposit £10 and 30x wagering requirements apply on bonus (game weighting applies). Max bet applies. T’s and c’s apply. Please gamble responsibly, www.begambleaware.orgClaim Bonus
Roulette Tips, Strategies, & Systems
Contrary to what many get rich quick gambling books may tell you, real money roulette is a pure game of chance. That means there is no way to overcome the house edge in either live roulette or online roulette.
Even though that may be disheartening to hear, there’s still a chance for smart players to win. Just like with all other casino games, the most educated players are able to put themselves in the position to win. Below are some tips to give you a fighting chance at real money roulette games.
1. Look for roulette games that carry the best odds. You wouldn’t know it by glancing at a roulette table, but some games have less house edge than others. European Roulette, difficult to find at most live casinos but readily available online, cuts the house edge in half and has better odds than American Roulette. Some casinos even offer games like French Roulette and Royale Roulette that offer even better odds of winning.
2. Avoid the “First Five” bet on standard roulette games for money. This bet covers the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, 3 and carries the highest house edge on the table. It’s known as a “roulette sucker bet” that players should avoid at all costs.
3. Avoid a common roulette trap known as “the gambler’s fallacy”. The gambler’s fallacy is when players think that a specific result is “due” based on previous events. In simplest terms, each roulette spin is independent of the previous spin and the next spin. What throws players off is the big display showing the last 20 spin results. That is there on purpose to give unknowing players the feeling that they can predict the next spin based on a pattern of numbers or colors that hit previously. When in truth, every spin is independent.
4. If you use a roulette betting system, do it for fun and not because it works. Betting systems simply do not work mathematically over the long run. They can be a lot of fun to try and you may even see some positive short term results, but sooner or later the casino’s edge will catch up with you. The most popular systems to use on real money roulette games include the Martingale, Labouchere, D’Alembert, and Fibonacci systems.
5. Learn the differences in different types of roulette games for money. Throughout history a number of roulette variations have surfaced. Some change the odds of winning, while others just change the layout of the table. It’s important to know the difference in popular roulette games such as American Roulette, European Roulette, French Roulette, and Royale Roulette.
Depositing at Online Casinos to Play Roulette
Now that you have a good idea how live casino roulette differs from online roulette and how to become a winning roulette player, it’s time to go over the ins and outs of playing roulette online for real money.
When choosing an online casino, make sure you know what to look for. In general, look for games and limits that suit your style. But also pay attention to how well the software works for you and ongoing special bonuses, promotions, tournaments, and VIP programs.
We’ve reviewed the best online roulette casinos and suggest you try these out before going elsewhere. The variety of real money roulette games and stakes at these casinos are sure to satisfy players at all levels.